Zero liquid discharge (ZLD) is one of the effective water treatments that include complete purification and recycling methods to get zero discharge at the end. ZLD is one the best approach where all the wastewater is collected and recovered. After the wastewater recovery process, the contaminants are discharged in the form of solid waste. Despite many treatment processes, ZLD is considered as the most demanding one because of its cost and recovery challenges.
ZLD Design and Requirements:
The zero liquid discharge system is not a fixed design; it is a customizable one and the design is planned according to the industries. As per the design and structure, the components and configurations vary.
How does the ZLD system work?
Zero liquid discharge system is an advanced one that utilizes swift techniques to minimize the liquid waste, typically to be zero at the end of the ZLD process, as the name of the process means the same.
An efficient ZLD is capable of the below measures:
1. Handling variations in the flow and other contaminants
2. Adjustments in chemicals as required
3. 95%-99% of liquid waste is recovered for reuse.
4. Retrieving valuable salt byproducts like salt and brines through simple treatments.
5. Producing a solid cake for disposal.
Advantages of Zero liquid discharge system:
1. ZLD improves to meet environmental conditions.
2. Reduces water scarcity.
3. Improves recycling purposes.
4. No waste to discharge at the end.
5. Can save marine lives.
Now you know that Zero Liquid Discharge is one of the best ways to collect and recover the wastewater, you can also go for this option for recycling purposes. If you are thinking for the option, look no further than us. Moreover, we can help you with other kinds of water treatment plant services, get information by calling us today.